#153: Running Towards Discomfort: Using Pain as Fuel for Growth and Purpose
Would you consider sitting in complete darkness for 30 days? Or spending time with people who have less than six months to live?
Today I’m talking with my new friend, Traver Boehm. Traver is an author, speaker, men’s coach, and founder of Man Uncivilized. After experiencing a series of extreme losses in his life, Traver went on an unconventional journey of self-discovery.
In this episode, we’ll talk about Traver’s experiences including time spent in isolation and time volunteering at a Hospice. And we’ll also learn what he’s discovered along the way about being a man.
''One of the beauties of hospice was realizing that we’re all going to the same place.’’ - Traver Boehm Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Two very different ways to handle tragedy, and the way to turn your negative experiences into something extraordinary. [11:11]
- Travis’s story of loss, and the question he asked that set him on an adventurous path of healing and discovery. [13:24]
- How spending time with people who are about to die can transform the way you see your own life. [27:17]
- One thing that people really struggle with and some different ways to overcome this struggle. [43:37]
Links and Resources
- Follow Traver on Instagram
- Today I Rise: How To Overcome The Gut-Wrenching Pain Of Your Breakup Or Divorce & Reclaim Your Life
- How to Make Pain Your Guru
- Why We Need More Uncivilized Men
- Best Year Ever Live Experience
- Front Row Family Summit
- The One Thing
- The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with the Art of Moment Making
- Front Row Factor on Facebook
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & revie