#83: Stealing Fire, Finding Flow, and Hurling Down Mountains with Bestselling Author Steven Kotler
What do the richest, happiest, and most revered people in the world know about success, that most people don’t?
What if there was a way for you to tap into a higher level of consciousness and completely upgrade your life?
In today’s episode of the Front Row Factor podcast, Steven Kotler, is here to let you in on the secret formula that the uber successful are using to lead extraordinary lives.
Steven is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist and the co-founder and director of research for the Flow Research Collective. He is one of the world’s leading experts on ultimate human performance.
His writings have been translated into over 40 languages and appeared in over 80 publications, including The New York Times, Atlantic Monthly, Forbes, Wired and TIME. He also writes “Far Frontiers,” a blog about science and culture for Forbes.com, appears frequently on television and radio, and lectures widely on technological, scientific and cultural issues, both to corporate and education institutions.
Today, Steven and I dive deep into his latest book, Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work.
You’ll quickly learn why stepping into an altered state of mind isn’t just for dead head gatherings. During this interview, Steven walks you through the wide spectrum of altered states of consciousness and how this trillion dollar underground economy can help you to improve performance, optimize health, and achieve the impossible!''Flow are those enjoyable, wonderful, delightful moments of thorough engagement with the present.'' – Steven Kotler Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [09:12] Ever wonder where information actually comes from? Find out what Steven thinks and what your intuition has to do with it!
- [11:20] An unconventional and surefire method for making any project a success.
- [14:30] Find out why everything Steven does is organized around creating “flow.”
- [16:14] How can FLOW be used to optimize your mental and physical well-being?
- [19:00] Learn the science behind flow and it’s proven ability to fight against autoimmune conditions and life threatening illnesses.
- [20:20] What Stealing Fire can teach you about tapping into a heightened state of mind so you can live an extraordinary life.
- [28:30] Steven reveals the 4 powerful forces of extasis that can improve your human performance, including the most addictive state on earth!
- [34:00] Why isn’t everybody talking about this high performance success formula and how are these altered states of consciousness now proving to create authentic mystical experiences?
- [43:30] How can you intentionally program you’re sub-conscious mind?
- [50:30] The dangers of tapping into altered states of consciousness and why we need to use these techniques wisely.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- [BOOK] Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work
- [SITE] StevenKotler.com
- [SITE] Flow Research Collective
- [TOOL] Learn Your Flow Type
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/