#117: Love at First Bike, Winning the Life Lottery, & Finding What’s Beyond Yourself
How do you want to spend your time here on earth? What could change in your life if you you decided to live your life to the fullest?
Today, I’m talking with my new friend, Steve Cannon, who has an incredible journey that you won’t want to miss. Steve has not only completed some of the toughest endurance races in the world like the Arrowhead Ultra 135, but he’s also raised nearly $700,000 for cancer research.
As you’ll find out in today’s episode, Steve believes that we should stop limiting ourselves and live each day as if we are running out of time. And truly, we are.
According to Steve, “If we get out of our own way, we can do extraordinary things.”
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Hear what Steve did to turn his life around and chase his dreams, and how you can too. [10:59]
- Learn a new perspective on life that Steve discovered when he began raising money for cancer research. [15:50]
- Identify strategies for moving beyond your own self-limiting beliefs. [20:42]
- Steve answers questions from the FRF community about family and future generations. [29:31]
- Discover how you can get a free copy of his book, “40 Days: Life, Love, Loss and a Historic Run Around One of the World’s Largest Lakes” [37:55]
About Steve Cannon
Steve Cannon runs, fat bikes, kayaks, and skis. He has completed the Tuscobia Winter 150 twice on his fat bike and has made it twice through the Arrowhead 135, listed as one of the fifty toughest one-day challenges in the world. In 2016, Steve earned induction into the Order of the Hrimthurs, a select group of winter ultra-endurance athletes. He has run nearly 100 marathons and has taken on the world’s longest kayak race. He has completed over twenty RAGBRAIs, five Ride-the-Rockies, and made it five times through the Dirty Kanza 200, earning a coveted “1000 Miles of Kanza” goblet in 2017. He ran the 292 miles across his home state of Iowa in 11 days and is the first person ever to run around the great Lake Michigan, logging 1,037 miles in forty days. His adventures have raised nearly $700,000 for Livestrong, Camp Kesem, and Above and Beyond Cancer.
Links and Resources
- Expand Your Possible
- Connect with Steve on Facebook and Twitter
- 40 Days: Life, Love, Loss & a Historic Run Around One of the World’s Largest Lakes
- Upside Down in the Yukon River (coming soon)
- Les Brown
- Mr. Holland’s Opus (movie)
- The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with the Art of Moment Making
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!