#137: Resiliency: The Power of Acceptance, Mindfulness and Growth
If you could craft your ideal dream life, what would it look like – and why? Have you ever thought about this? Almost inevitably as we work towards creating our lives, we encounter obstacles or setbacks. How you handle these challenges can play a big role in what’s next in your life.
Today, I’m talking with my friend and Front Row Factor supporter, Sean Douglas. Sean is a Certified Master Resilience Trainer in the US Airforce. He is also a husband, father, Tedx speaker, and author. At one point, Sean’s life was so bad that he was abusing alcohol and on the brink of suicide, until he took steps to become resilient.
In this episode, Sean shares his journey to becoming an expert at resiliency plus he provides strategies and actionable steps that you can take right now to start developing your own resiliency.''Resilience is your ability to withstand, recover and grow through life’s adversity, stress, and changing demands.'' - Sean Douglas Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- What is resilience and how do you become a resilient person? [10:13]
- Why it is crucial to your inner peace to accept your current situation – and how to achieve this peace. [11:40]
- Ways to become mindful of your thoughts and actions and how they impact you and others. [15:33]
- How Sean got started in resiliency and where you can learn more about it. [29:29]
- Three steps that Sean suggests you try to improve your own resiliency. [34:33]
Links and Resources
- The Success Corps
- Connect with Sean on Facebook or LinkedIn
- Hal Elrod
- 1Life Fully Lived
- University of Pennsylvania Resilience Program
- Simon Sinek
- Front Row Family Summit
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group]
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!