#47: ADHD Superpowers, Life Rules & Skydiving with Peter Shankman, Founder of HARO
Today I’m talking with Peter Shankman, a man whose journey will inspire you to take action and love every moment of life!
Peter is a spectacular example of what happens when you merge the power of pure creativity with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and a dose of adventure, and make it work to your advantage. A bestselling author, entrepreneur, speaker, podcaster and worldwide connector, Peter is recognized worldwide for radical new ways of thinking about customer service, entrepreneurship, social media, PR, marketing and advertising.
During today’s interview, Peter shares how he harnesses ADHD to conquer every aspect of life and how he’s helping others do the same. We discuss a variety of topics including the life changing event that made him who he is, suffering through painful moments, ADHD, the power of hope, his failures, philosophies, and lot’s more!
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [06:29] Find out how Peter started his career online and founded HARO
- [09:15] Why you should stop caring about what others think and focus on living your life
- [12:12] Sometimes you have to get hurt before you can get stronger
- [16:40} Discover the coolest ways to gain publicity for your business
- [19:18] How Peter harnessed the power of ADHD to conquer every aspect of life
- [26:30] How to shape your environment and set yourself up for success
- [29:39] The power of hope
- [32:20] The lonely road to entrepreneurship
- [33:10] Finding your purpose and enjoying the ride
- [35:33] The importance of humility
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder
- The Blue Day Book: A Lesson in Cheering Yourself Up
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/