#158: Who’s Really In Charge? Exploring the Challenge of Knowing When to Surrender, and When to Fight
Have you ever been in a situation that felt beyond your control? Sometimes it’s difficult to balance when to take charge and when to let go, especially when it comes to a loved one or child.
Today I am talking with Maggie Kelly. Maggie is a certified life coach, certified meditation instructor, podcast host, and founder of the Satsang House in Del Mar, California. Maggie is also the mother of Cole, a 17-year-old who is living with Cystic Fibrosis.
In this episode, Maggie and I talk about what it’s like to raise a child with CF. And we’ll explore the life lessons she’s learned along this journey.
''Sometimes we get in the way of allowing our children to fly.'' - Maggie Kelly Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- The last-minute decision that helped Maggie discover her son’s CF when he was only days old. [7:34]
- What’s important to know as a parent, caregiver, or loved one of a someone battling CF. [10:30]
- Lessons from Maggie on how (and why) to live in the present moment. [13:35]
- How to balance surrendering and taking ownership of different situations in life. [31:50]
Links and Resources
- What to Expect When You Are Expecting
- Dan Pallotta TED talk
- Charity Water
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Chopra Center
- The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with the Art of Moment Making
- Front Row Factor on Facebook
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & revie