#114: Drowning to Dreaming & Pushing Your Average to Excellent
Everyone that goes through life is affected by fear. Fear can either hold us back or it can propel us forward. And while it’s a choice to overcome the things that terrify us the most, that’s always easier said than done!
So, what does it actually take to move past your deepest fears? What if you had a better understanding for how to turn fear into something that makes you come alive?
In this episode, my friend Kristen Waby – a mom, athlete, and Front Row Factor contributor, shares how she transformed her life by taking decisive steps away from fear and towards the things she found meaningful. Kristen conquered her fear of drowning head on by swimming 1.2 miles in a half-ironman race – and raised thousands of dollars for the Front Row Factor in the process.
This is one inspiring story you won’t want to miss!
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Learn who Kristen Waby is and what makes her come alive. [8:48]
- Hear about her Front Row moment and the big decision that changed the course of her life. [15:44]
- Terrified of drowning and facing it head on—Kristen teaches you to move through your deepest fears and how to give back in the process! [21:50]
- How to Identify the moment makers in your life. [32:00]
- Get Kristen’s top tips on health, productivity, spirituality, and fun. [38:00]
- And much more…
About Kristen Waby
Calling herself the “most normal guest” to the Front Row Factor, Kristen fully embraces the Front Row message. Wife, mother of two children (7 and 4), marathoner, podcast junkie, green smoothie connoisseur and eternal optimist Kristen Waby set out on a journey in 2016 to overcome her fear of swimming as well as raise money and awareness to benefit the Front Row Foundation by training and competing in a half Ironman…on her 35th birthday!
Titling her journey TriLife – all puns intended — Kristen organized 3 fundraisers during her triathlon training and to-date has raised over $2100.
Links and Resources
- Kristen on Facebook
- Tri-Life to Benefit Front Row Foundation
- Living in Life’s Front Row – Kristen Waby
- The Running Lifestyle Show
- Running for Real
- Amelia Boone – Obstacle Course Racer
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
- Happier Podcast
- The Rhythm of Life
- The Dream Manager
- Off Balance: Getting Beyond the Work-Life Balance Myth to Personal and Professional Satisfaction
- Lee Evans – Comedian
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Foundation
- The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with the Art of Moment Making
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!