#99: Kiss the Ground with Award Winning Director and Bestselling Author Josh Tickell
Do you ever wonder how the choices we make impact the future of our planet? What if I told you, we could grow enough food to feed all of humanity, while at the same time, reverse climate change?
You may be thinking, “OK Jon, that sounds nice, but is there really anything I can do about it?”
Yes, there is! And in today’s conversation with Josh Tickell, you’re going to find out why.
Josh Tickell is a Sundance award winning film director and bestselling author. His films and books focus on critical, “big picture” social issues including alternative energy, conscious capitalism and reversing climate change.
Josh co-directed the 2017 Lionsgate release, GOOD FORTUNE, the rags to riches biopic of Paul Mitchell and Patron cofounder, John Paul DeJoria. His first movie, FUEL, won the Sundance Audience Award for Best Documentary and to theatres globally. He regularly films and interviews luminaries such as Elon Musk, Dan Aykroyd, Woody Harrelson, Sheryl Crow, and Shailene Woodley.
Tickell’s movies have won more than 40 major awards, been selected as a NYTimes Critics’ Pick and shortlisted for an Oscar and shown in the White House. He has spoken at more than 100 colleges and Fortune 500 businesses globally. He is a guest on shows such as The Tonight Show, Good Morning America, Morning Joe and on the Today Show.
Tickell’s new book, Kiss the Ground – How The Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Change, Heal Your Body and Save the World with a forward by Whole Foods Founder, John Mackey, is being turned into a movie from executive producer Leonardo DiCapprio also entitled KISS THE GROUND.''I am 100% convinced that we can stop and reverse climate change.'' - Josh Tickell Click To Tweet
Here’s a Quick Breakdown of Our Chat…
- [09:07] 2 books, 2 movies, and 1 kid — How Josh and other extremely busy people manage to get it all done!
- [11:44] Josh describes what it was like growing up, from Australia’s outback to Louisiana’s poor and polluted and how this inspired a successful career as a film director.
- [15:20] A powerful vision for the future of our planet and the positive reality that humans can co-create.
- [18:32] A wild story about how Josh and Ryland Englehart met and the partnership that followed!
- [24:24] Kiss the Ground — How The Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Change, Heal Your Body and Save the World.
- [31:26] Learn how you can shop smarter and reengineer your food choices.
- [45:39] Why should millennials start farming?
- [54:40] Discover The Regenerative Revolution that will change your body and the world through food.
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing , rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Kiss the Ground: How the Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Change, Heal Your Body & Ultimately Save Our World
- Front Row Foundation
- Front Row Foundation Video – Help Us Spread Our Message!
- The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with the Art of Moment Making
- Café Gratitude
- Rylan Englehart
- The Soil Story
Your Ratings and Reviews Matter!
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/