#52: The Entitlement Cure with New York Times Best Selling Author John Townsend
Do you deserve it? I had a change of heart during this show 🙂
John is a New York Times bestselling author, business consultant, leadership coach and psychologist. He has written or co-written 30 books, selling 10 million copies, including the Boundaries series; Leadership Beyond Reason; and his newest book, The Entitlement Cure.
John is founder of the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling, which offers graduate degrees and credentialing in Organizational Leadership, Executive Coaching, and Counseling. He is the Clinical Director of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
For more than twenty years Dr. Townsend has engaged with leaders, organizations and individuals around the globe, offering them life-changing solutions to their problems.
During today’s interview, John educates us on the the concept of entitlement and how it prevents people from tackling challenges and finding success. During our chat we discuss his new book, the difference between opportunity and entitlement, why you should let your kids experience failure, stopping to celebrate the wins, discovering your life’s mission, and so much more.
John brings so many years of wisdom to this interview. Enjoy.
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [04:37] Find out how to become a world-class leader with the Townsend Institute of Leadership and Counseling
- [08:43] John Townsend shares one of the biggest transformational moments of his life.
- [13:18] The Entitlement Cure: Finding Success In Doing Hard Things The Right Way
- [16:18] How to teach your children the difference between opportunities and entitlement
- [18:46] The difference between “I deserve this” and “I’m responsible to get this” AND my transformative moment.
- [23:37] The balance between letting your kids struggle and deciding to step in to help.
- [29:27] Why stopping to celebrate is a critical step before moving on to the next big thing.
- [32:42] Taking the time to carve out your life’s mission.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- The Entitlement Cure: Finding Success In Doing Hard Things The Right Way
- The Townsend Institute of Leadership and Counseling
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/