#39: Giftology with John Ruhlin: Radical Giving and Loving On People
Today’s guest on the podcast is one of my best friends, John Ruhlin. His unique experience in sales, business, and building relationships is going to blow you away and I can promise that you’ll receive a ton of value from this interview!
John Ruhlin is the founder of The Ruhlin Group, a gift logistics company that helps clients like the Chicago Cubs, Wells Fargo, Caesar’s Entertainment, Miami Dolphins, Morgan Stanley, and The John Maxwell Company execute year-round gifting strategies.
John’s unique approach to relationships led him to become the #1 salesman for a $250 Million direct sales company by the time he was 23 (out of 1.5 Million reps). He now speaks widely about strategic gifting and relationship building and helps CEOs and sales teams drive referrals and open doors to elusive decision makers.
During today’s discussion, learn how YOU can use gift giving to connect with people who would otherwise be impossible to meet. We also chat about best practices for introducing yourself, how to make people a priority, radical generosity, the history of gift giving, and one of John’s most inspiring gift giving stories of all time!
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [07:07] Giftology, interviews with elite level entrepreneurs, and spending time with family
- [10:10] How to introduce yourself and tell someone what you do in 6 words or less?
- [14:26] How to make people feel like a priority in life
- [22:17] How does gift giving work and what to do when it backfires?
- [27:22] Radical generosity and the history of gift giving
- [30:28] The book for anybody who values relationships
- [34:58] The etiquette behind introducing others
- [42:25] Find out how you can get paid to read John’s new book – Giftology – AND – The Front Row Factor offer for anyone who buys!
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Giftology: The Art & Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Drive Referrals and Strengthen Retention
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/