#81: The Year of Thank You with John “Izzy” Israel
How do you express gratitude? On a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best, how would you rate your gratitude giving skills? How might your life change if you doubled or tripled the amount of “thank you’s” you dished out? Think about your last Uber driver, the grocery clerk, your children’s teachers, or even your garbage man. How would acknowledging them transform your experience of life (and theirs)?
Purveyor of Gratefulness, John Israel, is a writer, speaker, business owner and Founder of The Year of Thank You project. His mission is to elevate the level of gratitude on the planet… one card at a time.
What does that even mean? Well, in this episode you’ll find out why my good friend John is on a mission to write 5 thank you cards a day, for 365 days and how it’s completely changing his life, and the lives of those he’s reaching.
In addition to John’s inspiring mission, you’ll learn how to change your emotional state of mind, how to turn resentment into gratitude, why it’s so important to receive gratitude graciously, how to express it, and a whole more!
Although we often talk about gratitude, how well do we really understand the impact it can have on us? This powerful episode will demonstrate the ripple effect that gratitude is capable of creating and will leave you inspired to acknowledge and appreciate the people in your own life.''What you appreciate, appreciates.'' - John Israel Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [12:34] How an abundance of thank you cards led to unexpected and transformative moments.
- [17:11] How to elevate the level of gratitude for the planet… one card at a time.
- [23:10] How to positively impact the world through the act of expression.
- [27:57] How to change your emotional state of mind so you can show your true gratitude towards others.
- [31:00] John explains the wide spectrum of people that he loves to acknowledge and how he does it, from friends, family and people he works with, to the unexpected garbage men, waiters, pilots and more!
- [38:18] Find out why it’s so important to receive gratitude graciously!
- [43:59] How do you write a thank you card to someone that you hurt?
- [47:46] Why gratitude is a choice.
- [51:49] The peace that comes with sharing your love and gratitude.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- [BLOG] JohnIzzy.com
- [BOOK] Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- [BOOK] Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with The Art of Moment Making
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/