#135: How To Overcome Addiction: Paying Attention To Miracles, The Power of Affirmations, & Timely Tribes
Have you ever struggled with some form of addiction or been close to someone who has?
At 22 years old, Jesse Harless was looking at spending years of his life in federal prison due to his addiction to heroin, cocaine, and prescription opioids. Facing serious consequences for his actions, he started to change his daily habits. Eventually he invested in a life coach and began surrounding himself with mentors.
This inspired him to transform his life from one of addiction to fulfilling his purpose of becoming an entrepreneur in recovery and helping others to achieve their highest potential.
Today, Jesse is an author, speaker, life coach and Founder of Entrepreneurs In Recovery.
In this episode, Jesse joins the podcast to share his unbelievable story and what he is doing now to help others who are struggling with addiction. Not only is he determined to help people through this difficult challenge, he’s on a mission to change the way the world looks at addiction altogether.''I started paying attention to the miracles, and they just kept happening - and that became my faith.'' - Jesse Harless Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- The turning point in Jesse’s life when he decided to fight his addictions and what it often takes to reach that point. [4:50]
- Strategies Jesse used, that are available to anyone, to transform your life and develop healthy habits. [10:21]
- How to use affirmations to reprogram your negative self-talk into a positive and powerful message. [12:49]
- The value of finding a mentor and a “tribe” of people on your journey. [15:54]
- A new way to see the people around you who struggle with addiction. [20:57]
Links and Resources
- Best Year Ever Blueprint [LIVE] Experience
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life
- Joe Polish
- Front Row Foundation video of Cody at the Redskins game
- Front Row Family Summit
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!