#149: The Crucibles Gift: How Our Darkest Moments Can Become Our Greatest Gifts
When you face adversity in your life, how do you handle it?
According to my next guest, Dr. James Kelley, your mindset will greatly impact what you do moving forward. Dr. Kelley interviewed over 130 different leaders for this book, The Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity.
In today’s episode, we’ll talk about strategies for overcoming adversity that Dr. Kelley learned while doing research for the book. And we’ll also discuss how he overcame adversity in his own life.
''It took me a really long time to realize that my behaviors had an impact on society.'' - Dr. James Kelley Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Dr. Kelley’s explanation about the public self vs. the private self and how these two versions of yourself play an impact on how you handle adversity. [16:54]
- How to take your life’s challenges and use them as a springboard for learning. [23:05]
- Ways that an authentic leader uses their own experiences to inspire and motivate others. [34:09]
Links and Resources
- Connect with Dr. Kelley on his website
- The Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity
- The Flourishing Leadership Institute
- Front Row Factor on Facebook
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & revie