#33: Founder of CureNFwithJack, Jake Burke on How to Mute the Bad, Amplify the Good and What You CAN’T Do to Help
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Jake Burke. He is the Co-Founder of CureNFwithJack, a foundation that provides awareness about Neurofibromatosis (NF), a genetic disorder which Jake’s son battles with every single day.
The CureNFwithJack Foundation has raised millions of dollars to create awareness around NF and to support the medical community in its research endeavours to find a cure.
In today’s episode, you’re going to find out about the difficulties that Jake and his family have to live with on a daily basis. But more importantly, you’ll discover how this family, despite being burdened with a horrible disease, is still able to live in the moment, and celebrate life.
In this powerful interview, Jake teaches you that everybody can help, and that doing anything is better than doing nothing at all!
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- Jake takes us on his journey from the beginning and explains his son Jack’s early diagnosis of Neurofibromatosis (NF)
- Pushing through the struggle and leading the way in the fight against NF
- Events leading up to Jack’s Front Row experience – the world’s GREATEST magic show!
- Find out who is in your “Front Row” and how they can support you during the difficult times
- Time, Talent, and Treasure – why everyone can afford to give something
- The impact that lending an ear can have on someone in need
- How the Burke family is able to find joy despite the real life struggle associated with NF – Jack has NF but NF DOES NOT have Jack!
- How to mute the bad and amplify the good
- The importance of advocating for a child who’s different
- Why you should treat people for who they’ve become and not for who they used to be
- Jack’s incredible Front Row experience – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
- Living in the moment and celebrating life
- Live big and give big!
- What it really means to mute something out so you can focus on the positive
- Everybody knows somebody that needs help – What you CAN’T do, is nothing!
Jack Burke’s Story
This is the story of 9 year old Jack Burke’s journey battling the disorder called Neurofibromatosis and how he fights back against the challenges that he faces.
Donate today by clicking here.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/