#77: Essentialism with New York Times Bestseller Greg McKeown
Today we explore the disciplined pursuit of less!
Greg McKeown and I get into a great conversation today about reclaiming control of your world and deciding where you invest time and energy.
You’ll learn how eliminating everything that is not essential, can allow you to make the highest possible contribution towards the things that really matter the most.
Originally from London, England, Greg is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less and the founder of McKeown, Inc., a company with a mission to teach Essentialism to millions of people around the world. His clients include Adobe, Apple, Airbnb, Cisco, Google, Facebook, Pixar, SalesForce, Symantec, Twitter, VMware and Yahoo!.
Greg is an accomplished public speaker and has spoken to hundreds of audiences in Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, China, England, Holland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Norway, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
In 2012 he was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Greg now lives in Silicon Valley with his wife and their four children.
I can personally say that Greg’s book had a profound impact on the way I see life. I’m a raving fan.''However much time you think you have left, you have less.'' - Greg McKeown Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [5:17] Why Greg removed the shackles of traditional schooling and is educating his kids through adventure!
- [09:30] Greg explains what Essentialism is.
- [10:15] Greg shares 2 incredibly profound insights that Essentialism has taught him.
- [18:00] Find out how Greg’s book changed Steve Harvey’s life and how it can change yours too!
- [22:20] What is important to you right now?
- [26:30] Learn how to talk to your kids about Essentialism.
- [28:30] How Essentialism can help reshape the educational system.
- [36:52] Greg shares a Front Row moment where he showed up BIG for his best friend!
- [40:30] Why getting back on track is so much more important than falling off.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Get Your Copy of The Front Row Factor: The Art of Moment Making Today!
Links and Resources
- [BOOK] Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- [BOOK] The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- [CLASS] Designing Life Essentially
- [BOOK] How Much Land Does A Man Need? by Leo Tolstoy
- [VIDEO] U2 Live Aid at Wembley Stadium
- [RETREAT] Front Row Dads 2017
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/