#73: Getting Paid to Speak & Why You Decide with Grant Baldwin
Do you want to get paid to speak? My guest today can help. Do you want to be the designer of your life and make decisions powerfully?
YOU get to decide if life is great. YOU get to say whether or not today is going to be a good one. YOU get to choose how to wake up and make a difference. Are you ready to take control? Are you ready to live life in the Front Row?
In today’s conversation, Grant Baldwin is here to inspire you to live life on your terms, decide for yourself how you go through life and teaches you what it takes to get into a career as a professional speaker.
Grant is the creator of the Booked And Paid To Speak training program, a nationally known keynote speaker and author. His podcast and training site “The Speaker Lab” provides weekly training to speakers at all levels of their business.
As a speaker, Grant has given hundreds of presentations and has spoken to over 400,000 people in 45 different states through leadership conferences, conventions, and other events. His book and curriculum for students, “Reality Check”, is taught in 400 schools around the country.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn about how Grant went from a youth pastor to starting his career as a professional speaker. Grant shares his top tips for achieving success in the speaking industry and lays out the steps you can take for landing your first paid gig!
You’ll also hear about what it takes to build a successful marriage and family, the importance of relationships, the role that environment plays in your success, and why who you are is much more important than what you do.''You get to decide how you go through life.'' - Grant Baldwin Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [03:55] Find out the key to a happy marriage.
- [07:45] Grant shares stories from his early life as a youth pastor and his humble beginnings starting a career as a professional speaker.
- [14:26] The dreams that make Grant come alive and how he’s helping new speakers land their first paid gig.
- [17:05] Discover S.P.E.A.K – your road map to a successful speaking career.
- [22:25] Why YOU are the decision maker when it comes to how you experience life.
- [25:50] How Grant passes on important lessons to his kids.
- [27:10] The importance of relationships and shaping your environment.
- [33:22] Grant shares an important mantra that he lives by every day.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Get Your Copy of The Front Row Factor: The Art of Moment Making Today!
Links and Resources
- [SITE] Grant Baldwin
- [SITE] FreeSpeakerWorkshop.com
- [SITE] The Speaker Lab
- [PODCAST] How I Built This
- [BOOK] The Front Row Factor: The Art of Moment Making
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/