#68: Beyond Freedom and Perform Beyond Your Perceived Limits with Former Navy Seal Eric Davis
Who do you ultimately want to become in this life? Are you making the most of every moment? Are you willing to do anything in order to pursue your biggest goals?
Today I’m talking with former Navy SEAL Eric Davis, who believes freedom is the weakest goal you can have. As he puts it, “It’s the little patch of dirt that stands between you and the REAL goal. What would life look like if you were already free… because you are!”
Eric Davis is a former U.S. Navy SEAL who has been recognized as one of the premier sniper instructors in the U.S. military and has served as a Master Training Specialist at the SEAL sniper school in Coronado, CA.
Eric has spent years developing, writing and executing curriculum for the SEAL Teams. He trained Marcus Luttrell of Lone survivor and Chris Kyle of American Sniper.
Since departing from the SEAL teams, Eric has worked in corporate performance, sales and leadership training, bringing an unprecedented amount of innovation, efficiency and structure to the domain of business and personal performance.
Eric is also the author of “Raising Men: Lessons Navy SEALs learned from their training and taught to their sons“.
In today’s session, Eric shares his background and the lessons he learned as a Navy SEAL, including the Sniper Stock Formula, the power of environment, the secret to better performance, and the importance of making every moment count, so you can take control of your life and impact the world around you.''Freedom is the weakest goal you can have. That’s a goal for prisoners.'' - @EricDavis215 Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [07:45] Why freedom may be the weakest goal you can have.
- [10:26] How to never give up on your dreams so you can live the life you want your kids to live.
- [17:52] The secret formula to performing beyond your perceived limit and how he used it to drop the failure rate at sniper training school!
- [21:11] Discover the Sniper Stock Formula to becoming an expert at becoming an expert.
- [31:56] The importance of making every moment count.
- [35:17] Why brotherhood is so important to your success.
- [38:03] How process leads to performance and structure determines behavior.
- [43:45] What is the meaning of life to you?
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- [SITE] EricDavis215.com
- [BOOK] Raising Men: Lessons Navy SEALs Learned from Their Training and Taught to Their Sons
- [BOOK] Mere Christianity
- [EVENT] Front Row Dad’s Retreat
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/