#67: Overcoming Defeat & Finishing Strong with Ironman Drew Frank
How do you react when you come face-to-face with the most challenging moments of your life?
Today I’m talking with my long-time friend Drew Frank, who is here to share his process for overcoming defeat and conquering big challenges!
Today, Drew leads one of the most successful sales teams for CUTCO Cutlery. His team is responsible for $48 million+ in product sales over the past 14 years. He and his team hold the national record for most CUTCO sold in one year and he has won 16 silver cups, which is like winning the Super Bowl — 16 times!
Despite Drew’s dominating success as a sales professional, he’s consistently finds ways to push his personal limitations. Today, we talk about one recent experience that left him huddled on the side of the road waiting for help. We get the full story about how he used his DNF (Did Not Finish) experience competing in his first Ironman Triathlon along with the lessons he learned from this “failure” as fuel to crush his second attempt and claim Ironman victory!
Our convo dives deep into the concept of adversity. We explore how every problem and every challenge, no matter how difficult, can always be put in perspective. Consider that your “worst day”, may be “everyday” for somebody else. Gratitude then, offers up an opportunity to look at things from a different angle so that you can conquer any challenge that life throws in your direction.''I can’t stop now. I’ve got to keep pushing, I’ve got to go faster, I’ve got to go stronger.'' - Drew Frank Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [07:54] Drew shares his secret to lasting relationships.
- [12:37] How his decision to compete in the Ironman Triathlon resulted in positive gains for his business!
- [17:05] How to remove the fluff and prioritize what matters the most.
- [23:24] The biggest lessons learned from a failed Ironman and the shifts he made to crush his second attempt!
- [33:01] The power of gratitude.
- [36:21] Drew’s process for dealing with failure and overcoming the most challenging times in life.
- [42:51] Find out what role contribution and service play in Drew’s life and why he’s such a big supporter of the Front Row Foundation.
- [57:00] Why every single thing you do in life gets you either closer or further away from your goals.
- [58:36] What can you do to make 2017 the best year of your life?
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- [BOOK] The UltraSimple Diet
- [BOOK] Ultraprevention
- [BOOK] Ultrametabolism
- [DOCUMENTARY] Untold History of the United States
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/