#152: Bent Not Broken: How Being a Kung-Fu Expert Saved One Man’s Life
What’s your story? Do you feel like you have one that you want to share with the world?
My new friend David Wenzel has a story to tell, and although it starts with Kung Fu, his story is about so much more. David was diagnosed 9 years ago with a brain tumor – and given 7 years to live. Although he’s surpassed the 7-year mark, David’s battle is not over yet. In fact, he was in the middle of chemo during our interview.
Despite his fight with cancer, David is a husband and father of three young girls, an entrepreneur, author, speaker, and founder of Bent Not Broken, a non-profit that provides support and motivation to other cancer survivors.
In this episode, we have a very real and very authentic conversation about David’s beliefs and his journey. And we’ll also discuss how to see your own situation, no matter how difficult, in a different light.''God has given me a story and he has called me out to share it.'' - David Wenzel Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- The story behind David’s inspirational book, Thank You Kung Fu. [6:36]
- David’s advice on how to strike balance in life, even when you are battling cancer. [22:35]
- How you can use your life’s circumstances to become a better parent. [34:42]
- The one thing that everybody wants, even if they don’t realize it. [43:48]
Links and Resources
- Purchase David’s book at ThankYouKungFu.com
- Robinhood Inc.
- Bent Not Broken
- Marcus Buckingham
- Josh Shipp
- Creative Youth Center
- Front Row Factor on Facebook
- Front Row Dads
- Front Row Dads FB Group
- Front Row Foundation
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & revie