#45: Creating a Legendary Life and Play Bigger with Chris Lochhead
Today I’m talking with Christopher Lochhead about building a legendary company (and life)!
Chris is a co-founding partner at Play Bigger Advisors.
In his 25+ years of experience, he’s worked with lots of great people, started companies, designed new categories, raised capital, built brands, made a lot of friends, a few enemies, shipped new products, been thrown out of school at 18, discovered he was dyslexic, gone public, bought and sold companies, crushed competitors, pissed people off, broke his nose on his surf board, broken his arm skiing, been called a “Human Exclamation Point” by Fast Company and “slightly off-putting” by The Economist, gotten de-listed from NASDAQ, given hundreds of speeches, traveled 6+ million air miles, drank a lot of whiskey, experienced the bliss of winning, the pain of failure and learned how to laugh about the whole thing.
During today’s EPIC interview, Christopher shares his story and how he became a world-renowned entrepreneur. We discuss a variety of topics including category design, innovation, defining the “Frotos” and how to play bigger so you can become a legendary business leader who dominates any market.''Category designers introduce the world to something new that solves a problem we didn’t know we had'' - @lochhead Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [08:37] How to play like a band and jam out on the best book of your life
- [16:33] The 2 most important values Chris’s parents instilled into him
- [18:14] Find out how Chris got his start as a successful entrepreneur
- [22:00] How entrepreneurship saved his life and his moral obligation to give back
- [28:39] Discover the 3 factors to becoming a legendary entrepreneur
- [33:16] How to create and dominate any market by teaching the world to think differently
- [42:40] Uncover what truly separates your business from the rest by defining the “Frotos”
- [47:05] When does asking for validation and feedback become dangerous to your business?
- [52:25] Find out how you can dream, plan and live your best life yet at the 1LifeFullyLived event!
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamer, and Innovators, Create and Dominate Markets
- Ogilvy on Advertising
- What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School
- The E-Myth
- Crossing the Chasm
- Documentary: Happy
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Innovator’s Dilemma
- Zen and the Art of Making a Living
- The Catcher in the Rye
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/