#131: The Anxiety Cure, Connecting to A-Players & Solving Big Problems
Would you like to live out your purpose, connect with people who are highly successful in your space, and have a really fun time doing it? Then our next guest is one you’ll definitely appreciate!
Today I am talking with my friend, Charlie Hoehn. Charlie is an amazing guy who has worked with such names as Tim Ferriss and Ramit Sethi. He is a keynote speaker, four time TED X speaker, and has even been featured on NPR’s TED Radio Hour. Plus, Charlie’s blog article on his own struggle with anxiety is the #1 search result on Google for “anxiety cure”.
In this episode, Charlie shares his journey, the struggles he faced along the way, and how learning to “play” has improved his life in so many ways.''Some of your biggest strengths were formed from some of the biggest pain that you went through.'' - Charlie Hoehn Click To Tweet
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How to avoid living a life of regret and create a meaningful life doing what you love. [20:58]
- Valuable pointers on how to make connections with A-players in your space. [27:20]
- The realities of dealing with anxiety and helpful ways to combat it. [44:25]
- Why play is so important in our lives, even for adults. [46:28]
- The brilliant strategy Charlie used to earn over 300 reviews on Amazon for his book Play It Away. [50:40]
Links and Resources
- Author Hour podcast
- Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety
- Recession Proof Graduate: How to Get The Job You Want by Doing Free Work
- Scribe Writing
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman
- My Start-Up Life: What a (Very) Young CEO Learned on His Journey Through Silicon Valley
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
- Front Row Family Summit
- Front Row Dads
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!