#29: UFC Fighter, Speaker and Author Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman on Transforming Yourself, Battling The Critics and Earned Relaxation
Today’s episode is going to knock… you… out!
That’s because I’m talking with professional mixed martial arts fighter, speaker, mentor and author, Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman, who brings the heat during this show.
Charlie’s new book – Driven: My Unlikely Journey From Classroom To Cage – takes you on his incredible journey, from quitting his job as a spanish teacher to becoming a professional MMA fighter.
During our discussion, we talk about the new book and the courageous transformations he’s made in his life. We also hit on a number of topics like goal setting, overcoming adversity, finding freedom, and so much more.
This is a unique interview and is the perfect example of what it means to live your life in the front row. Charlie is proof that amazing things can and do happen for anyone who is willing to truly believe in themselves.
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- The importance of leveraging current relationships to create new opportunities
- Charlie shares his transformational story of how he went from a Spanish teacher, to full-time UFC fighter
- Discover the key ingredient to learning anything in life
- Charlie explains the steps he took to knock out his first book
- Learn how to overcome adversity and deal with the haters
- What do you need to say “never again” too?
- The desire to inspire, perform, and be free
- Empowering kids to build self-confidence
- Find out why Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is Charlie’s biggest inspiration
- Having the ability to make others feel special
- What does freedom mean to you?
- The importance of finding a partner who will support your journey
- How to control your anger by thinking outside the action
- Practicing being present and living in the moment
- The benefits of being super focused on the highest priority goal
- Believing in yourself and exceeding your wildest expectations
- In the moment of decision, your destiny is shaped!
- Knowing who you are and being that person 100% of the time
- The satisfaction that comes with earning your relaxation
- Don’t go around telling people how good you are, let them tell you
- Living for your kids and passing on your wisdom
- Death… I don’t think about it because I’m too busy living
- Leaving no stone left unturned
- How pushing yourself physically can benefit every aspect of your life
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Driven: My Unlikely Journey From Classroom To Cage
- Fed Up
- Searching For Sugarman
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/