#118: Vulnerability for Connection, Leaning Into Your Strengths and the Benefits of Being vs. Doing
Do you see yourself as awesome? Or do you tend to doubt your own abilities? Whether you realize it or not, you are strong. And recognizing your unique strengths can take you to a whole new level of awesomeness.
Today, I’m talking with my friend, Alissa Daire Nelson. She is a strengths-based coach, speaker, author, and podcaster. And she is here to share her valuable insights into our unique strengths and how we can utilize them to build a life of value and authenticity.
According to Alissa, “What ultimately drives me on a day to day basis is all of the loneliness and lack of self-worth that we see in our culture today.”
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How to transition from doing to being, plus strategies to overcome anxious moments when they arise. [3:00]
- Ways to identify self-shame in your life and tips to tackle it head on. [10:05]
- Understanding just how powerful your own vulnerabilities can be. [13:58]
- Why you should accept your weaknesses at face value and how you can manage them. [24:25]
- The interesting connection between strengths and weaknesses that most of us never even realized were there. [32:16]
About Alissa Daire Nelson
Alissa Daire Nelson is regularly featured on television news segments, inside major blogs and publications, and on podcasts from all over the globe.
She’s an accomplished Success Coach, Speaker, host of the Maximize Your Strengths podcast, as well as published Author of the hot new book; From Frustrated to Frickin’ Awesome: 4 Steps to Achieve the Success You’re Wired For.
But more than anything else she’s an exceedingly proud wife and mother of two, who loves helping others discover how to make their businesses and relationships thrive in harmony.
Links and Resources
- Daire Success Coaching
- From Frustrated to Frickin’ Awesome: 4 Steps to Achieve the Success You’re Wired For
- Check out Alissa’s Coaching Programs!
- The Alchemist
- Best Year Ever Blueprint [LIVE] Experience
- StrengthsFinder 2.0
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!