#32: The Go-Giver Leader on Rejection, Leadership, and Making an Impact, with New York Times Best Selling Author John David Mann
Today’s interview with John David Mann is going to inspire you to make a real difference in the world!
John is an award-winning author whose books have been published in more than two dozen languages and have sold more than 2 million copies.
John has lived multiple lives and built a diverse career that has left a major footprint on the world. Growing up, he became a concert cellist and prize-winning composer. At age 17, he dropped out of high school and decided to create a school of his own called Changes, Inc. If that wasn’t enough, during the 90’s, John built a multi-million dollar sales & distribution organization of over a hundred thousand people. All this before taking the world by storm with his incredible books.
I first met John back when he and Bob Burg co-authored The Go-Giver, a business parable which was embraced by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. Their most recent book, a follow up to the original, titled The Go-Giver Leader, answers the question “How do Go-Giver ideas work in the realm of leadership?”
Which leads us to the major topic of today’s discussion…
You’ll soon find out that leadership doesn’t only come from the top down, but can AND should, exist everywhere. During the interview, John also talks about his writing process, practicing appreciation, dealing with rejection, and teaches you how to make the BIGGEST impact in your own life!
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- Find out why John is writing 4 books at the same time!
- Writing habits and routines
- The most difficult part of writing a book
- Learn how John formulates his ideas
- Taking advantage of early morning energy
- The classroom dropout who created his own high school!
- Discover the similarities between writing music and writing books
- Don’t overlook brilliance – FRONT ROW TIP: less judgement, more curiosity!
- How to bring more happiness into your life by expressing appreciation for the little things
- The Go Giver Leader: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business
- Why leadership happens everywhere
- The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving
- Practice giving leadership
- Why you should never think that YOU are the deal
- Discover the difference that you can you make as a leader TODAY – regardless of your position or title!
- Debunking the truth!
- Excellence, mediocrity, and respecting your audience
- The importance of impacting people in a positive way
- When “good guys” win
- Advice for finding a co-author
- Rejection after rejection after rejection!
- John uncovers his writing process and how his books are written
- Collaborating with the right people
- The uniqueness of your life NOW
- How can YOU have the most valuable impact in life?
- FRONT ROW ACTION STEP – write down what you love most, and share it with someone
- Find out the #1 thing that stops most “would be” writers from being writers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/