#44: Finding Confidence, Dominate Under Pressure, & Err On Aggression with Former NFL Player Niyi Sobo
Today I’m talking with Niyi Sobo, who delivers one of the most powerful interviews to date!
Niyi is a sports motivation coach and Founder of ImNotYou.com, a resource that helps high performing athletes adopt the dominant mindset needed to achieve their biggest goals in sports AND in life. He’s an ex Firefighter, former NFL running back, podcaster, husband, and Father of 5 wonderful children.
During today’s interview, Niyi shares his story and how he’s helping athletes perform at an entirely different level. We discuss a variety of topics including building confidence, overcoming fear, and creating the ultimate mindset to conquering your goals.''Through systematically building belief about a certain goal, I can eventually reach it.'' - Niyi Sobo Click To Tweet
Here’s a quick breakdown of our chat…
- [08:39] Niyi shares what he learned from his career in the NFL
- [12:45] How to structure the ultimate environment for success
- [18:47] Positive reinforcement… from 80,000 roaring fans!
- [21:09] How a strong vision can help you achieve absolutely anything
- [25:08] How to eliminate the fear of failure so you can reach your BIGGEST goals
- [27:55] The difference between “I failed” and “I am a failure” and how a mindset shift can change your life
- [31:53] What and who he credits for his unstoppable mindset
- [35:41] Purpose over passion and becoming the most confident version of yourself
- [40:16] Why celebrating taking action is pivotal to your success
- [48:52] The evening routine that allows him to make the most of EVERY day
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Three Magic Words: The Key to Power, Peace and Plenty
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/