#102: The Road Back To You with Author Ian Cron
Do you ever wish you had a deeper understanding for who you are? What about a deeper love, compassion, and appreciation for others?
It’s easy to fall into that trap of thinking that we know everything there is to know about something—that there’s nothing left to learn about ourselves or the people around us. From a guy who has taken pretty much every personality test you can imagine, I didn’t think there was much more to discover about myself… But I was wrong!
Today, I’m joined by Ian Cron, who is here to explain the power of the Enneagram and to talk about his latest book—The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery.
In this conversation, we unpack a unique and wildly awesome tool for personal growth—the Enneagram. Not only did it help me learn more about who I am, but it made a huge difference in my relationship with my wife and my ability to be a great dad.
Ready to see the world in a totally different way?
About Ian Cron
Ian Cron is a popular and critically acclaimed bestselling author, Enneagram teacher, nationally recognized speaker, psychotherapist, and Episcopal priest.
He draws on an array of disciplines and resources—from art, music and poetry, psychology, Christian spirituality—to awaken others to what it means to be fully human.
Known for his transparency, humor, and spiritual insightfulness, Ian has presented at conferences, churches, seminaries, retreats, and universities around the world.''You owe it to the people you love to know yourself well.'' - Ian Cron Click To Tweet
Here’s a Quick Breakdown of Our Chat…
- [05:32] How important is it to go through pain in order to find your purpose?
- [08:45] Why you never know when a moment you create will completely change someone else’s world.
- [14:45] The power of the Enneagram—the tool that will help you better understand who you really are.
- [22:00] What makes the Enneagram so much different from personality tests like Myers Briggs, DISC & Strength Finders?
- [24:45] Ian shares the big takeaways he learned from writing his book The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery.
- [29:37] Learn how the Enneagram saved Ian’s marriage and the positive difference it can make in any relationship!
- [32:50] Learn to amplify your strengths without being ignorant to your weaknesses.
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
Links and Resources
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
- Typology Podcast
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How.
- Best Year Ever Blueprint
Your Ratings and Reviews Matter!
If you’re enjoying the show, let us know about it HERE \o/