#116: The Magic in Misery, Ultra-Running, Wondering Free, Managed Chaos & Road Schooling
What if you could do more and be more in life than you ever thought was humanly possible? What would you achieve if you could unlock your true human potential?
Today, I’m talking with my hero and inspiration for starting the Front Row Factor, Dean Karnazes. Recognized by Men’s Fitness as one of the fittest men on the planet, Dean has accomplished more in the running world, and in life, than most of us could even conceive as possible. He’s run in the coldest and hottest temperatures in the world. He’s run 350 continuous miles without sleeping for three nights. He’s completed 50 consecutive marathons in all 50 states – and these are only a few of his incredible accomplishments.
Dean is also a best-selling author, speaker, an entrepreneur. This is one episode you won’t want to miss. According to Dean, “You really can sustain yourself in doing what you love long-term”.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How the sport of running breaks through the barriers of language, culture, & religion, to reveal that we are not all that different from one another. [7:08]
- Dean’s thoughts on achieving balance in life, and why it may not be as important as you think. [9:09]
- Learn about Dean’s transformational night that propelled him into the world of running—and the value of pursuing your own life’s passions. [18:20]
- Identify what it takes to truly be in the moment and strategies to stay focused on your goals. [23:47]
- Hear Dean’s answers to questions from the FRF community on parenting, passion, and how to manage all the “noise” from society. [31:50]
- And much more…
About Dean Karnazes
An internationally recognized endurance athlete and New York Times bestselling author, Dean Karnazes (www.UltramarathonMan.com) has pushed his body and mind to inconceivable limits. TIME magazine named him as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World,” Men’s Fitness hailed him as the fittest man on the planet and he was the winner of the 2008 ESPY Award for “Best Outdoor Athlete.”
Links and Resources
- Ultramarathon Man
- Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
- The Road to Sparta: Reliving the Ancient Battle and Epic Run That Inspired the World’s Greatest Footrace
- How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success
Enjoying the Show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!